Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Song and Dance

I honestly cannot believe it has been so long since I have posted anything anywhere! My life is in this bizarre state of flux and I am waiting for it to stabilize but right now I feel the desire to type. So I am. I started by thinking of how drastically my life has changed in the past few months when my posts started to die down. New living situation, new job, social revamp, new hairdo, missing my doggy... it has been insane. How I have managed to survive is beyond me.

Somehow through it all I managed to maintain my sanity. Well, I maintained what little of it I had to begin with. The holidays were a bit not what I expected, but it seems ok now that I am on the far side of things. I loaned my tree to a much deserving friend. I feel more like myself than I have in a while and more alone than I have in a while. I guess that is to be expected.

In the end, though, I am lucky. I still have my studio, although I seldom visit. I have a good paying job so I count my blessings there. I still have my health, although I am a bit sniffly now. I still get to play music with some pretty amazing (albeit occasionally drama infested) musicians. Aren't all bands drama? I guess I kind of like it though. Keeps me on my toes.

Speaking of toes, every time I say "my toes" I think of mitosis. It's the science geek in me. "Mitosis" cold! Ok... maybe I am the only one who thinks that is HILARIOUS, but I do. Like my super cool math shirt... if you have to explain it, it's not so funny. Oh well.

On to yet another tangent. I would really love it if someone, ANYONE, would give me some advice on some great recent albums to buy, I think the last time I bought an album the year it came out was "The Beekeeper" and I do have some (SOME) more recent ones than that, but I bought them like 2-3 years after the fact and I still have no clue what's current. What's good, guys? Give me some feedback. I need some ear candy badly. I am craving something different and new. Who better than an audience spread the world over
to give me something different to listen to, right? There is something really cool about listening to people tell you why they love such and such album. So much of music is how it speaks to a person and how it moves a person. It can be just the rhythm that gets you dancing or in a trance. It can be vocal harmonies that send shivers down one's spine. It can be a lyric that pierces your very soul. Whatever it is, I want to hear it. Really.

Anyway, this little note seems to state nothing of importance, and I am still trying to figure out why I posted this random picture, so what is new and exciting with you?

Bookmark and Share

No comments: