Monday, March 3, 2014

Friends and Family and Fun

I must say, I know some pretty incredible people. Just this weekend, Thomas got to be a guitar tech for someone pretty awesome on a private island in the BVIs, I met Buck from the Toasters, my friend Jon opened for them, and good memories were made. Throw into that the fact that one of the most talented people I know is celebrating her birthday tonight karaoke style and it was a musical weekend that was out of sight!

Adrienne really is talented. Her art is very thoughtful and detail oriented. She forces me to be a better artist. Most of my friends do that. It's why I love them. They are all, each of them uniquely talented even at the sake over overcoming things that most would consider a hindrance to their craft. I am fortunate that they allow me into their lives. They inadvertently push me to be a better version of me.

Whether music, photography, illustration, sculpture, culinary arts, prose, doodling even... they have all taught me so much and forced me to see things in a different way.

I couldn't begin to imagine my life without all the color and knowledge and care and love I recieve from these people. They are my best friends, my island family.

Tonight, we sing and have fun and remember why we love one another.

Cheers!

Adri, me, Tommy
Bookmark and Share

No comments: