Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

Having a fantastic fourth getting ready for a party at my friends house. I made a great drink, which I may add whisky to later, an awesome pasta salad, crazy makeup job. My best bud is making who knows what... last I heard there was carrot cake?

Well, I'm happy we all decided to take easy this fourth. Between Pin-ups in Paradise, my band, and just trying to get situated, I am thrilled to relax with friends.

One of my favorite summertime drinks is iced tea. I cold brew my tea. First, I fill a gallon pitcher with water, drop in eight tea bags, and wait a few hours. You can use more or less bags depending on what strength and the type of tea. I find six good for regular tea, eight for green, personally.

I don't sweeten my tea, normally, but this isn't normal tea. I sliced a whole lime and dropped them in. I kept a slice to squeeze  into the tea and added a good squirt of honey. Maybe about one tablespoon. Can you say refreshing?! It would have been over the top with mint or basil, I think.

Tell me what you think!

I hope you have a happy day!

No comments: